Fish and Seafood MS Cookbook Recipe
Each week I feature one of the recipe from the soon to be launched OMS compliant Lotte Wild MS Cookbook Series. The Lotte Wild Fish and Seafood Cookbook will soon be available on Amazon. All the recipes in my cookbooks have been tried, tested, photographed and the recipes will give you not only a list of ingredients and clear instructions on how to prepare the meal. I also try to give you an estimated preparation time just to show you how easy it is to prepare these delicious fish and seafood MS cookbook recipes. I provide all quantities in both imperial (US) measures and milligrams or litres.
One of the nice things about cooking fish and seafood it that cooking times are very low compared to the time it takes to prepare other meats. Fish also doesn’t require very high temperatures to cook which is good for the fats that naturally occur in fish. This is important if you follow the OMS diet and want to make sure the healthy fats in fish stay intact. In this recipe the fish is cut into small chunks and stir fried in a wok. The cooking time is about 2-3 minutes. So besides the fact that the meal is just delicious this is also a super healthy fish recipe.
Featured Fish and Seafood MS Cookbook Recipe – Sea Trout and Pineapple
This week’s recipe is Sea Trout cooked in a Pineapple Sauce with Red Bell Pepper and fresh Celery Leaves served with Boiled Rice.
The trout and pineapple make a lovely combination of tart, fresh pineapple with the delicate taste of the fresh trout. If fresh pineapple isn’t available, use canned, sliced pineapple in unsweetened juice instead of syrup. This dish is best served with boiled rice. For this dish remove the skin from the trout and cut it into chunks. These small fish pieces are perfect for OMS cooking as they cook in a wok in about 2 minutes. There is no danger of overheating the fish and loosing the benefits of the healthy omega 3 fats that can be found in this cold water fish.
Recipe For Sea Trout with Pineapple
Ingredients to Serve 4
- 4 trout fillets, skinned and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into thin slices
- 4 slices of pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stick, cut into slices
- 50 ml pineapple juice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 150 ml water
- 1 tsp corn flour/2 tsp water
- 1 tbs soy sauce
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- In a wok or pan stir fry the trout in a little bit of water for 2 min, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic, pineapple and celery and stir fry for 1-2 min (you might need to add a little bit more water to the wok or pan).
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, water and pineapple juice bring to the boil.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 2 tbs of water and stir into the wok. Allow the sauce to boil and let it go clear and thicken.
- Return the trout to the sauce in the wok, stirring gently until heated through.
- Serve with a garnish of finely sliced red pepper and celery leaves (optional) along with the cooked rice.