- Healthy baked fish dinner recipe
This is another one of the recipes featured in the upcoming Lotte Wild Fish and Seafood Cookbook. This cookbook is the first of a series of MS cookbooks. The cookbook series is great for people who are following the OMS program developed by George Jelinek.
Obviously you don’t have to follow any particular diet to enjoy this low fat, healthy baked dinner recipe. Besides the fact that it is a super healthy and tasty fish dish it is probably one of the easiest recipes for a tasty, impressive dinner dish for all occasions.
The olives, coriander and lime balance out the fire of the jalapeño pepper in this dish. Make sure to adjust the amount of spice by adding or reducing the amount of jalapeños you add to the fish. If you can’t get limes, lemon juice works nearly as well but you might want to add a little bit more to it. A side-dish of baby new potatoes and a leafy salad goes well with this dish.
- 1 lb / 500 g cod filets (or other white fish)
- ½ lime
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 pickled jalapeño chilies, chopped
- 3-4 tbs coriander leaves, chopped
- Lemon and lime wedges to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil or flaxseed oil
- 1/2 cup green olives cut into slices
- Place the fish in a nonmetallic dish and sprinkle with the juice from the lime, set aside to marinate for about an hour.
- In a small frying pan sauté the onions and garlic in a little bit of water until soft.
- Remove the onions from the heat, add the jalapeños, coriander and marinating juice.
- Put about ⅓ of the mix into an oven proof dish.
- Arrange the fish on top and cover the fish with the remaining onion and jalapeño mix.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180˚C/350˚F for about 15-20 minutes until the fish has gone slightly opaque.
- Sprinkle the fish with a little bit of oil and serve with lemon and lime wedges accompanied by boiled new baby potatoes and a side salad.